Monday, March 24, 2008

Ways to create an effective blog

Happy Monday,

I hope you all had a great weekend. I celebrated Easter by going Saturday to visit a group from ACFW Ohio [photos and blog coming this week where I share details.], I saw my 4 daughters perform in the church service Saturday night, and I got to visit with family on Sunday.

It was a busy but fun weekend.

On the topic of business, one thing I hear from many people when they are explaining why they cannot use blogs to build their business is their lack of time. I talked about this briefly on Saturday. One person, however, had a great idea. She works on a blog with a couple of others. They share the blogging responsibility. While this might not be an option for everyone, it may be an option for some of you.

I thought about this idea as I traveled the two hours home from my speaking event. The benefits to working together can be very obvious. You do not shoulder the full responsibility of writing blog content every day. You also have the added bonus of having multiple groups of people as interested members of your blog. What I mean is if you and a friend each blog you have your own spheres of influence from which to build your readership.

Of course, there are potential drawbacks. You both have to be 100% committed to blogging. One of the easiest thing for a new blogger to do is to quit blogging. You must both be committed to the success of the venture.

Second, you must both agree on the content and topic [or responsibility] of the bloggers. Will there be one person who always posts content [even the content of others?] or will each person post on their day? What about links? If you will have links to products [like books on Amazon] how will profits be divided.

I have to admit, I started thinking of some great ways to work with others I knew in the industry to build a blog together. [And my mind is still churning on it] but I'd like to hear from some of you. What do you think of this way to create an effective blog?

And the person who put this idea in my head was Cindy Thomson and you can visit her blog at: http://favoritepastimes.blogspot.com/

See you tomorrow

Your Coach for the Journey, Tiffany Colter

No comments: