Monday, March 17, 2008

Resources to build your business

Happy Monday,

This week we're going to step back from Marketing a bit to focus on business development. I'd love some of you to give your input.

I'd like to share with you a few places to help you with your craft. The first is the ACFW E-Zine "Afictionado".

I write the feature bi-monthly and I also write the Monthly Marketing Column. This month's was just released and there is a great deal to learn from it. They have information on how to improve your craft, they have features, and information on writing from a number of different genres. You can now subscribe to it. Go check out the e-zine.

I'd also like to point you to the Writer...Interrupted blog. For those of us who are super busy [and trying to write between the various interruptions] this is a great blog.


Finally, If you're looking for information simply on business development then go to www.terrydean.org, I have learned many things about building my online business through his website. This is useful for writers as we plan using the internet to market our books.

And, I've told you about Chip MacGregor's blog [he's a literary agent]. You can ask questions and he'll answer many of them. That is one great thing about his blog.

I'd like for you to share some of the great blog's you visit regularly. And if you have a blog, leave the link in the comment section but ONLY if you'll share the topic of your general blog [like my is Writing Career Coach on Marketing fiction and non-fiction or building up your writing business.] Please do not simply market a product, share MEANINGFUL links. I'd love to come check them out and let others know about the interests of some of their co-readers.

I'll see you tomorrow.
Your Coach for the Journey, Tiffany Colter

3 comments:

Tracy Ruckman said...

Hey, Tiff. I think my Pix-N-Pens blog is really helpful for writers to practice. We offer a variety of contests, to help build the writer's confidence and abilities.

For example, this week, our special guest is a doctor/author who is offering critiques and help for medical scenes.

Some other recents contests have included essays, short stories (in a variety of genres), poetry, back cover blurbs, opening lines, and more. Contests are judged by professionals, and prizes include goodies like books, critiques, t-shirts, gift cards and more.

Come on over to www.pixnpens.com and check us out.

KB said...

What blogs do I visit regularly? In addition to Your Writing Career Coach, among others, I read:

Vonda Skelton's blog for writers www.vondaskelton.com

Carolina Christian Writers carolinachristianwriters.blogspot.com

Chip MacGregor's blog

Christian Writers' Marketplace http://stuartmarket.blogspot.com/

And I'm new to Novel Journey http://noveljourney.blogspot.com/

If you're interested in outdoor destinations in the Carolinas, come on over to my place!

Your Coach for the Journey, Tiffany Colter said...

Great. Thank you so much. Those are some EXCELLENT blogs.

Others??