Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Brain Scans meet the Bible

I have to admit, when I saw the book titled "This is your Brain on Joy" I rolled my eyes. I remember as a child watching the egg frying in a pan and the serious looking guy saying "This is your brain on Drugs, any questions?"

Since my goal with these monthly book reviews is to share with you guys things that you may not otherwise read, but will help your business nonetheless, I decided to read it.

The description starts out "Thanks to SPECT (single photon emission computerized tomography) images that are being utilized....." ZZZZZzzzzz

Oh, sorry. I dozed.

Then I started reading the book!! And I was not only pleasantly surprised but LAUGHING OUTLOUD! This book takes an incredibly boring subject and makes it ENJOYABLE, FUNNY and thus HIGHLY USEFUL.

From describing the authors background as a kid in a loving family [though not overly expressive] to giving funny names to parts of the brain [The Circular Gerbil Wheel for the Cingulate Gyrus which is the place, when overstimulated, there are constant negative and worrisome thoughts].

With this as a basis he then starts to explain how WE can recognize when areas of our brain are out of balance and foods/supplements to help.

It is simply amazing. I strongly recommend this book to ALL of you. Buy it. Borrow it. Share it. But get it and read it!

Tiffany Colter is a writer, speaker and writing career coach who works with beginner to published writers. She can be reached through her website at www.WritingCareerCoach.com
Learn more about Tiffany's Marketing techniques on her main blog.
Common-sense money management is free at The Balanced Life website.
Read Tiffany's award winning manuscript "A Face in the Shadow" on her fiction blog.
She writes a blog for the Christian writer Tuesdays at Writer's Rest.

No comments: