Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Never doubt you're making progress

Those of you who have been with me for a while know that I beat the drum of "consistent effort over time produces results".

Okay, I may have never articulated it that succinctly, but that was the idea.

That means that if you continue to do things that waste time and take you no closer to your goals, your results will be frustration, lack of progress and you'll likely give up.

If you continue to learn and apply marketing principles like I teach or like you can find in my suggested readings, then you will find yourself moving forward and growing a successful business.

I honestly didn't realize how much progress I was actually making until about a two weeks ago. Many of you will recall that I asked you to come over to the blog for that one day. I had realized that I wasn't getting an accurate accounting of my readership so I wanted to be sure that I got a better head count.

I was floored.

See, it had appeared that I'd had a substantial dropoff in readership, to the tune of 50%, over the course of a month or so. Bummer! What I disccovered, however, was that my readership had actually GROWN my more than 50% in that time.

I was misreading the numbers.

Despite a glitch in my system that prevented people from being able to subscribe to my blog [that should be cleared up now, so I encourage you to subscribe through the feedblitz link on the right] and an insane schedule that kept me from marketing the way I wanted to, I was growing at a constant rate.

Sometimes in marketing it seems like nothing is working. You are taking all the steps I suggest but you are seeing no return.

Have confidence!! You are making progress. Keep doing productive marketing tasks and one day you'll wake up to realize that your hit counter isn't picking up more than 1,200 hits a month and that your unique readership has doubled in the last quarter...

And you will realize you're reaching more people than you thought.

Your Coach for the Journey, Tiffany Colter

1 comment:

Story and Logic Media Group said...

I have been part of your silent audience.

I do get benefit from your messages so I continue to read.

God Bless You.