Friday, May 23, 2008

Honoring those who have helped us get here.

Since it is the beginning of the holiday weekend I want to take a moment to reflect. Monday is Memorial Day, a day we remember the soldiers who died protecting us. It is also a day to remember those who have died over this last year.

On this Friday of Memorial Day I'm thinking about the people who helped me get to where I am. I have had parents, my husband, teachers and my kids all support me in my dream.

Some I've told you about [Like Mr. Meister]. His single sentence "Become Famous Someday"-scribbled inside a book 17 years ago has been the inspiration of a good portion of my writing career.

There was my family [husband, kids, parents] who were there in the trenches with me. They read the various drafts of all of my stories. They played quietly while mommy worked. They supported me and reminded me of my dream every time I wanted to give up.

I wanted to say THANK YOU to all of you. Thank you for pushing me in my dream. Thanking for believing I could do it. [And thank you for keeping a straight face through some of those drafts.]

On this Memorial Friday, take a minute to thank those who have carried you through the tough times. I don't plan to post Monday so that everyone can spend time with their families, but I will see all of you Tuesday. Have a WONDERFUL weekend with those you love, and who love you!!

I have to go. I have writing to do.

Your Coach for the Journey. Tiffany Colter.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Thanks for your great and insightful post. On Monday, I'm also highlighting the true meaning of Memorial Day on my blog (and it's not 50% off sales!) It's about how my husband taught me the truth about Memorial Day.

I'd love for you to stop over on Monday!
www.chattykelly.blogspot.com

Thanks!