Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Guaranteeing success

How would you define success?

Would you define it as getting everything you want? Would you define it as publication? Would you define it as a certain amount of money? A certain readership?

Think about it for a moment.

Once you have that definition I want you to really think about what you're doing to ensure that success.

Notice my word choice: Ensure!

I'll tell you the way to ensure your own success...help someone else accomplish what you yourself want to accomplish.

Christians call it sowing and reaping. Society calls it the golden rule. Others call it Karma. But whatever you call it, the meaning is the same.

That is why on my writing career development course I offer a spot for people to scholarship other writers. I encourage people to buy books that will help other writers. I personally mentor writers [for free] to help them move further down the path.

It may seems simplistic to some, even stupid to others, but it is completely true.

Randy Ingermanson became the number one internet teacher of fiction [google fiction writing and you'll see that] by offering FREE content that is more than an infomercial. By reading his blogs, websites, or his e-zines you will learn how to improve.

That is the model I follow. For pepole who don't have the money to purchase my development course I offer free meaningful content to develop their business.

So what are YOU doing to help other writers? What are you doing for up and coming writers? How are you building the dreams of others?

That is the key to success, no matter how you define it.

Because when you put others before yourself word does get out. And soon you find a sphere of influence that you can lead to the next level. And that is success by ANY definition.

So even if you don't comment [I know there are GOBS of you out there from now TEN countries] think about this question and answer it for yourself.

But if you'd like to comment, I'd love to hear from you.

No comments: