Monday, February 23, 2009

Writing Contest Special

This is the time of year for WRITING CONTESTS!!

As a writer these are among the most affordable ways to get your work in front of editors and agents. Many final round judges of writing contests are people in a position to either acquire your work or to take you on as a writing client.

They also offer excellent feed back! You want to put your best foot forward.

I have served as a writing contest judge for three years in a variety of writing contests for both published and unpublished writers. I am also an award winning writer. I understand the importance of turning in your best possible writing. I also have seen the importance on ONE ADDITIONAL POINT separating a finalist from someone who didn't final.

So I'm offering a writing contest special. Between now and March 7th I will take the first 5,000 words and synopsis up to 700 words. I will read them and comment on both. I will identify issues like POV, verb tense, Showing/Telling, clunky dialog, and other problems.

I will do this for $35. These will be done first come, first serve. To hold your spot you may send payment for $35 along with a note [contact me through this link for my paypal address]. All manuscripts must be received by March 9th [payment by March 7th]. Also email me the entry deadline for the contest you're entering so I am able to return your MS in time for you to make any revisions you'd like to make before you turn it in.

Legal Disclaimer: Remember, writing is highly subjective, I cannot promise this or any other edit will guarantee a higher score. What I can offer is the opportunity to identify issues in your writing that will improve your story. I have served as a writing contest judge. I know what the judges are asked to watch for. I offer this experience to help you improve your writing.

Tiffany Colter is a writer, speaker and writing career coach who works with beginner to published writers. She can be reached through her website at www.WritingCareerCoach.com
Learn more about Tiffany's Marketing techniques on her main blog.
Common-sense money management is free at The Balanced Life website.
Read Tiffany's award winning manuscript "A Face in the Shadow" on her fiction blog.
She writes a blog for the Christian writer Tuesdays at Writer's Rest.

No comments: