Monday, July 6, 2009

A great resource

I am excited to share a great resource with all of you today. I heard about this through a writer’s group I participate in. I’ve shared with you many times the importance of being a part of both national and local writing groups. This is one of the reasons; they are a great source of information.

This resource is by Roxanne Rustand and it is available at her website here. It is the top article “Face-off: the many faces of Romance”. (But look at the others. She has great information here).

There are a few things that are really nice about this resource [beyond just the information she shares]. First, it illustrates something I am constantly telling you guys-you must provide useful content. Roxanne’s website offers articles to her readers [just as Writing Career Coach offers blogs and articles at Examiner]. It also shows a sample of some of the information you might learn if you attend a writer’s conference. It also shows how writers work together. Roxanne gathered this information by asking other authors. This is why networking is so crucial.

What is exciting about this is that it also leads in to a series of articles I’m writing for Examiner.com about Writer’s conferences. I spoke about them briefly in a recent article and was thrilled that someone posted a comment asking me who should attend conferences. I’m now going to do a three part series for Examiner answering that question. It will start Tuesday. Sign up at Examiner.com to be sure you get it.

And on that topic, I’m glad to see so many of you take advantage of the paying market at Examiner. I’ve received more emails telling me you have signed up. I’d love some of you to email me privately to tell me your success stories. I can tell you it has been a wonderful experience for me.

This is going to be an exciting week at all of my blogs. I’ve learned a great deal from some of the people I met with this last week and I’m excited to share it with all of you. So, go enjoy Roxanne’s great article and let her know that you learned about her here.

And Roxanne, if you read this blog, say hi in the comments section!! I’d love to hear from you.

Tiffany Colter is a writer, speaker and writing career coach who works with beginner to published writers. She can be reached through her website at http://www.writingcareercoach.com/

Tiffany is a speaker and teacher. Find out about available topics for your group’s next event.
Tiffany is a National Examiner. Read her articles here.

Learn more about Tiffany’s Marketing techniques on her main blog.

Common-sense money management is free at The Balanced Life website.

Read Tiffany’s award winning manuscript “A Face in the Shadow” on her fiction blog.

She writes a blog for the Christian writer Tuesdays at Writer’s Rest.

No comments: