Thursday, April 17, 2008

Writing your book proposal: Marketing

Hello and happy Thursday!!

I can hardly believe how quickly this week is flashing past me. Here in the Toledo Ohio area we are finally seeing temperatures consistently in the 50s-60s and this next week we'll creep in the 70s!!! Okay, so it snowed a week ago, but I believe spring may be almost here!!!

Yes, you southerners may gloat about your BEAUTIFULLY warm temps. I don't mind. The sun has been out for 3 days straight!! Almost unprecedented in the North. :-)

Today I want to get you thinking about what you should include in the marketing portion of your book proposal.

The marketing portion should tell the publisher how marketable your project is as well as show how YOU'RE going to help market the book. Remember, the primary responsibility for marketing this book WILL fall on your shoulders, so start thinking now!!

So, start thinking how you can spread the word about you book.

Can you write articles? For what publications?
Do you currently have a platform? How can it be used to spread the word about your book?
Who would you like to have as an influencer on the book?

These are some of the things you need to include in your marketing portion. Don't simply tell them that you'll write articles, tell them specifically what articles you'll submit to. If you have a local connection in one of your books [if it's set in a certain town] then see if you can work with that local community to spread the word.

What things can YOU do to increase exposure?

If you'd like specific mentoring on creating your own marketing proposal [or creating a market] then email me using the contact form on my website. I'd be happy to tell you more about my mentoring services.

I have to go, I have marketing to do.

Your Coach for the Journey, Tiffany Colter

No comments: