Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Writing Career Coach is moving!!!


Greetings,

For almost exactly two years this has been the home of the Writing Career Coach blog. During that time this has transformed from an idea born out of passion for writing to a place where thousands come by each year to learn craft, grow their platform and develop their writing business.

Well, I'm pleased to announce that we are now taking the next step. We are integrating the blog with my newly updated WritingCareerCoach.com website. This new website offers free articles for you to download, the blog and will soon have even more features to help you with writing. I hope it will become the central location for you to go when you need a reputable source of information for any aspect of your writing.

For those of you who don't know the full story of the birth of this business, let me give you a quick history. I began freelancing full time in 2003 and quickly broke in to the national market. By late 2005 I was writing regularly for a local paper and was working on my second full book manuscript. [I had scored in the top 2o of Operation First Novel in 2004].

Then my husband, who was 29, was diagnosed with cancer. We had 4 small children ages 2-7, including a special needs daughter. During his battle my husband read books on business, marketing and finance. I read them along side of him and we'd spend hours discussing them together. The summer of 2006, Chris was declared cancer free, but over the next 2 years we'd face joblessness and a drop of our income to 1/2 then 1/3 of what he'd previously earned. So, all of you facing financial trials. I've been there. I know the pain. The threat of foreclosure loomed heavy and we struggled to hold on. In was in the midst of this lack that we took $160 and put together a two page website and I bought the domain "WritingCareerCoach.com". I wanted to teach writers all the business/marketing information that I'd learned during Chris' cancer treatment.

Tiffany Stockton of Eagle designs helped me build the website and a week later I was up. That was followed 4 months later by the Writing Career Coach blog. The rest, they say, is history. We are now moving to the future. We are taking Writing Career Coach to the place I always envisioned it as: A place of resources, information, articles and other things that will help every writer who may have more passion than money. I hope each of you will take advantage of the information here. I spend more than 20 hrs a week reading, learning and researching so I can bring you the blogs, articles, products and services that I provide.

Over the next couple of weeks I will continue to post my blogs both here and at WritingCareerCoach.com, but by late October my website will be the only source for updated information from the Writing Career Coach to advance your writing career. I would like to thank Grant Webster at Launch Thought for helping me develop and design this new website. Both webmasters are incredible people who have truly been a blessing to me.

To all of you who have taken the time to subscribe to this blog, I hope you will follow me over to the new site. There I will be able to add new free articles each quarter, offer new products and services and offer a single, central place for all information. And if you link to my blog, please update to reflect my central www.WritingCareerCoach.com website. Thanks!

For those of you who don't follow, I want to thank you for more than two years of support. From the humble beginnings we have become an incredible business. I have valued each and every one of you.

Later today my latest blog will appear at our new home: www.WritingCareerCoach.com I hope I'll see you there.

1 comment:

Susan J. Reinhardt said...

Hi Tiffany -

Congratulations on the upcoming move! I'm sure you'll be able to expand your reach to other writers.

See you at the new site. :)

Blessings,
Susan